NHS healthcare service

Who do I contact if I am worried about my health and I can't see a GP?

Dial 111 for the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.

For more information on how to contact care services, visit NHS Choices care services.

Find your nearest GP, dentist or pharmacy

You can also find your local GP, dentist or pharmacy with NHS Choices service search.

What if it is an emergency?

Call 999 in a medical emergency – when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk. This is especially important if you or someone else is having a heart attack or stroke.

Click on the link for more information on when to call 999.

If the medical emergency is not life threatening, make sure you call 111.

Find out more information about health issues and advice

Visit NHS Choices to find information on conditions, illnesses and advice.

Underline image