Help with alcohol or drug misuse

Where can I get help with alcohol or drug misuse?

If you're worried that you, or someone you know, could be misusing drugs or alcohol, the first thing to do is talk to a GP. A doctor will be able to carry out an assessment and offer you treatment, or refer you to a specialist.

Whether it is alcohol, prescription drugs or illegal drug, misusing these substances may affect your work, family life, friendships, health and finances.

A confidential needle exchange service is also available for anyone involved in injecting drugs.

If your life is being affected, you can get additional help that’s easy to access.

You can speak to your GP and ask them to refer you or you can book an appointment yourself by calling CGL (Change, Grow, Live) on 01274 296023.

How can I get help to reduce the amount of alcohol I drink?

Anyone wanting to reduce the amount they are drinking can get help by visiting the One You - drinking site which also includes details of mobile apps to help you.

Is there a Needle Exchange Services?

A confidential Needle Exchange Service for anyone involved in injecting drugs, from bodybuilders to heroin users, is available in the district. 

What support is available to friends and family?

Support focusing on the needs of those affected by someone else's alcohol and/or drug addiction is also available on 01274 296023.

Underline image

Stay connected Image of an envelope

Sign up for email updates about improving your health and wellbeing

Rate this page

The feedback you provide will help us continue to make improvements to our website.

Rate this page now