Change of circumstances that may affect your Council Tax bill

You need to tell us about any changes that may affect your Council Tax bill. The forms on this page will help you to tell us about changes.

Note: please do not tell us about a change more than 14 days in advance.

On this page

Moving home?

Use our change of address form to tell us if you are moving in/out or selling/buying a property in the Bradford Metropolitan District Council area.

If you’re unsure who is liable to pay Council Tax at a property, look at our Council Tax liability page.

I’m a landlord and need to tell you my tenants are moving

If you’re a landlord, use the forms on our landlords page. If you’re a managing agent, give the actual landlord's name and address, not your own agency details.

Scam aware

Do not use other websites that offer to forward details of your change of address to us in return for a fee. These websites may not be genuine and we may not receive any details from them.

Report a tenant moving in or out of your property

If you are a landlord, you can use the forms on our landlord information page to tell us a tenant has moved in or out. If you are a managing agent, you can also use this form but, where landlord details are requested, you should enter the actual landlords' name and address, not your own agency details.

Apply for a Single Person Discount

Cancel my Single Person Discount

If you get a Single Person Discount, you will need to cancel it if you are no longer the only adult in the property. This includes someone in your household turning 18 years old, or someone aged 18 or over moving in.

Report a change which may affect the amount of Council Tax Reduction you get

If you get Council Tax Reduction, you need to report any change which could affect the amount of reduction you get. Please look at our Benefits - change of circumstances page for more information and to report the change.

When somebody dies

There are certain things you need to tell us when a Council Tax payer dies.

Change of name

Contact us about any other issues

Please use our Council Tax general enquiry form if you need to contact us about any other issue.