Who are ICAT?
ICAT is a team of three advocates who provide support and information around raising concerns and complaints about care and treatment received from the NHS. ICAT is completely independent of the NHS and provides impartial information, acting under your direction for your wishes.
Bradford Council contract with Bamhag to deliver the service.
What can ICAT do?
- generally support you with your NHS complaint
- give you opportunity to speak to someone who is independent of the NHS in confidence
- provide self-help information so you can manage your own complaint
- put you in touch with the right people to make your complaint to
- help you get interpreting services if you need them
- prepare letters for you
- prepare for and attend meetings with you
- explain and explore different options available to you at each stage of the complaint
- speak to people on your behalf where necessary
What can't ICAT do?
- offer advice - financial, medical, legal or any other kind
- make decisions for you
- help claim financial compensation
- get an NHS employee disciplined
- undertake investigations around complaints
For further information or to request support, contact Andrea Beever, ICAT Co-ordinator, on 01274 750784.