Do you want to stay in your own home?

How can we help you?

The Support Options team is responsible for finding appropriate community support for people who want to live independently in their own home.

Support can either be provided by Bradford Council or an external provider.

The type of support we can help organise may include:

  • home care support (domiciliary care) 
  • community meals - meals on wheels, both hot and frozen meals 
  • leisure and lifestyle support - as part of an assessed support plan 
  • Direct payment services - to enable you to direct your own support by buying the assistance or service you need

Who is it for?

  • older people 
  • people with physical disabilities 
  • people with sensory loss including difficulty with sight and hearing 
  • people with mental health problems 
  • people with learning difficulties

How do I access the services?

Community Meals (Meals on Wheels)

Find out more about community meals.

You can refer yourself by contacting the Support Options team.

Domiciliary care, leisure/lifestyle and Direct Payments

You will need to have an assessment before you can use the services. The assessment will identify what your care needs are and what support you require.

The assessment is normally undertaken by:

  • The Department for Adult and Community Services 
  • Services for Children, Young People and Families 
  • Health Care Services

What happens once the assessment has been carried out?

Once your assessment has been agreed this will be sent to the Support Options team who will ensure the most appropriate support provider(s) are commissioned to meet your needs as detailed in your Support Plan.

Alternatively, you may wish to purchase your own Community Care service(s) as detailed in your Support Plan.

Once your personal budget has been established via your assessment, the Support Options Team will be able to direct you to provider organisations that will be able to deliver the type of service you require or assist you to employ your own personal assistant.

Other schemes and activities

If you require access to a service which is currently not an accredited provider with Bradford Council the team will look into establishing such a provision.

There are a wide range of organisations throughout the Bradford District who will be able to assist with your needs.

Is there a charge?

There is no standard charge and the cost of the service will depend on the type of service you require.

Can I get help with the cost?

How much you will pay will be calculated following an individual financial assessment.

Accessible formats



Easy Read