Equipment and adaptations

Technology Enabled Care (TEC) in Bradford District

We have an online guide for residents, families and professionals that explains how TEC and Sensory Needs devices can be used at home. It has a number of short films about the devices. You can undertake a self-assessment to help decide what products might be suitable for you, and book a home assessment with a member of the Safe and Sound Team. You can access the guide on our Technology Enabled Care website.


The Council can provide pieces of equipment to support your mobility in your home. These include:

  • Safe & Sound – this is a combination of what was previously known as Careline and Telecare. It is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year service. 
  • BACES (Bradford and Airedale Community Equipment Service) - This service has been set up to provide you and your family with a wide range of equipment, to help you live more independently.


A Disabled Facilities Grant can help you to make adaptations to your home so that you can be more independent. If you have a carer, you can also get a Disabled Facilities Grant if it will help your carer manage more easily.

In Bradford Council, Disabled Facilities Grants are dealt with by the Adaptations team who are part of the Housing Service. The Adaptations Team also provide the Adaptations Agency service who can arrange for adaptations to be carried out for you. 


To help you with your shopping you can hire motorised scooters, powered wheelchairs and manual wheelchairs from Shopmobility.

Accessible formats



Easy Read