Getting help

Where you can get advice

If you are renting a flat or house to someone you may want to get advice about things that you need to deal with. There is a lot of information provided by the government on which covers things like running a tenancy and different types of tenancies.

Bradford Council’s Housing Standards team can give you advice about hazards and disrepair, but we cannot advise about other tenancy issues. The Private Sector Lettings Scheme may also provide advice and assistance to landlords in Bradford, if they are looking for or have taken a tenant on through the scheme. 

You may want to consider joining the National Residential Landlords Association who provide advice and assistance to landlords,  although you will have to pay for this.

If you are thinking about using a lettings agency or property management you should check that they are members of an official redress scheme.

Stay connected

Sign up to get emails for landlords and agents

Contact details

Housing Standards Team
8th Floor,
Margaret McMillan Tower,
Princes Way,

Phone : 01274 434520
Email :