Occupational Therapy

What is the Occupational Therapy service?

The Occupational Therapy service can help people who are having difficulties in the home. The service works with people by looking at problem solving solutions, exploring equipment or considering adaptations to your home.

The service is aimed at people who have trouble in tasks like getting in and out of the bath or going up and down stairs. This service is provided by Bradford Council and partner health services.

Who is the service for?

The service is for any adult who struggles with daily tasks because of long term physical disabilities. We support people to maintain independence and promote well being for those who would benefit from equipment or adaptations. This would include looking at making it easier for the person’s family or carer to manage the care tasks.

How can we help?

We will discuss your difficulties and find the best way to deal with them.

A person may be referred for an assessment, or to health care providers for rehabilitation, or signposting to services which allow people to resolve difficulties in ways which meet their needs. The service may recommend equipment or alterations to your home.

Is there a charge?

The assessment is free of charge and equipment is usually loaned free of charge.

I’d like to find out more, who can I talk to?

Contact the Adult Services Access Point.

Other information

The able4life Bradford self-assessment tool gives advice on equipment solutions.

The Connect to Support service allows the purchase of any equipment to be made that will support you.

Underline image