Where can you get further advice?

You can find a lot of information about carrying out repairs and improvements on your home and different energy schemes on the gov.uk website. We also have some information on Better Homes Bradford.

You can also find information about the things you need to consider if you intend to carry out repairs or improvement to your home on our planning pages.

Charities and other sources of funding

There are various charities and community groups that may be able to help with the cost of repairs and adaptations to your home. These tend to have specific eligibility criteria, for instance they may be linked to your former occupation, or to people of a specific religious faith. For details of any funding for which you may be eligible you could contact your local CAB or Age UK branch (details as above) or visit the Turn2us website which is a charitable service which helps people access the money available to them. They have a website which has been designed to help you find appropriate sources of financial support quickly and easily, based on your particular needs and circumstances.

Website: www.turn2us.org.uk

Financial Conduct Authority

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is concerned with the regulation of financial services and markets in the UK. Any person who carries out a regulated activity in the UK must be authorised by the FCA, or exempt. If you are dealing with any company offering financial services it is recommended that you first check they are on the FCA register. The FCA also give advice and tips on dealing with lenders etc.

Telephone: 0800 111 6768 (Freephone) or 0300 5008082.
Website: www.fca.org.uk

Stay connected

Sign up for emails about housing and homes

Contact details

Housing Service
Housing Service
8th Floor
Margaret McMillan Tower
Princes Way

Phone : 01274 434520
Email : CHPenquiries@bradford.gov.uk