Who can we help?

The Council can give you financial help for repairs or improvements if you own the home that you are living in and you either have a low income (less that £25,000 net) or get one or more of these benefits:

  • Council Tax Reduction
  • Universal Credit
  • Income Support
  • Pension Credit Guaranteed
  • Income related Job Seekers Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance Income-related
  • Working Tax Credit

You must also be unable to get a commercial loan from a bank or building society to carry out the repairs you need. For example this might be because you are an older person or your income is too low.

Any savings that you have under £6,000 will not be taken into account when we are looking at if you can get help with repairs and improvements. Savings include things like other properties that you do not live in and investments.

The Council has given different types of help to homeowners with carrying out repairs and improvements for a number of years. The Council will not be able to help if the property that you live in has had any other financial assistance with repairs and improvements in the last 10 years.  However, any help with installing a disabled adaptation will be ignored.

You can find more information about the help that the Council gives with home repairs and improvements on our frequently asked questions page. You can also see more information about what happens if you ask for help with repairs.

Stay connected

Sign up for emails about housing and homes

Contact details

Housing Service
8th Floor
Margaret McMillan Tower
Princes Way

Phone : 01274 434520
Email : CHPenquiries@bradford.gov.uk