Get a copy certificate

You can apply for copy certificates in three ways:

By telephone

Telephone us on 01274 432151 and give us the information about the certificate that you want.

We will accept payment for the certificate by debit or credit card.

The certificate will be posted to you. This service is subject to a handling fee.

By post

Complete one of the forms on this page and send it with a stamped addressed envelope and your payment to:

Bradford and Keighley Register Office
City Hall
Centenary Square

You can pay by:

  • debit or credit card (please put your card details on the application form) 
  • a cheque or postal order for the fee, made payable to Bradford Council.

We will post the certificate back to you.

In person

You can call in to the Register Office in City Hall Bradford or Keighley Town Hall. You will be asked to complete an application form and pay the charge.

To save some time, you can complete one of the application forms on this page and bring it with you to the Register Office.

We will tell you how long it will take to prepare the certificate. Family history certificates do not take priority and will take longer to prepare.

Charges for copy certificates

The current charge for copy certificates and handling fee charges can be found on our Certificate and Ceremony Fees page.