Complaints against you

Somebody has made a complaint against me; can I find out who it was?

The information submitted to the Council forming part of a complaint is considered to be personal data, which is therefore exempt from the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (As Amended) and does not have to be disclosed by the Council.

I have received a letter from Planning Enforcement telling me that my extension is unauthorised. My plans were approved by Building Control so I don't need planning permission separately do I?

The Council's Building Control Department can grant Building Regulations Approval for a development if it complies with Building Regulations. This is not a grant of Planning Permission. Building regulations and planning permission are entirely separate matters and are governed by completely different legislation. In many cases planning permission will also be required and would need to be applied for separately.

I have received a letter from Planning Enforcement telling me that my extension is unauthorised. I have only demolished and replaced my rear extension with an extension of an identical size, so I don't need planning permission do I?

If you demolish anything such as an extension, garage, outbuilding, wall, or fence and replace it with something identical, you may still require planning permission. Whether or not you need planning permission will depend on a number of factors. The fact that something similar or identical existed before is not a relevant factor in determining whether or not planning permission is required.

Underline image

Stay connected Image of an envelope

Sign up for email updates about planning and building control

Rate this page

The feedback you provide will help us continue to make improvements to our website.

Rate this page now

Council Switchboard : 01274 432111

Council Address : Britannia House, Hall Ings, Bradford BD1 1HX

© 2018 City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council