The Bradford Playing Pitch Strategy Assessment Report and Strategy may be found below.
The Strategy provides a clear, strategic framework for the maintenance and improvement of existing outdoor sports facilities and ancillary facilities between 2014 and 2021. It will:
- Provide adequate planning guidance to assess development proposals affecting playing fields;
- Inform land use decisions in respect of future use of existing outdoor sports areas and playing fields (capable of accommodating pitches) within the Borough;
- Provide a strategic framework for the provision and management of outdoor sports in the Borough;
- Support external funding bids and maximise support for outdoor and informal sports facilities;
- Provide the basis for on-going monitoring and review of the use, distribution, function, quality and accessibility of outdoor sport.