Make a Data Protection request

Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. You are only entitled to make a request for personal information on behalf of another living adult if you have authorisation to do this. Parents or guardians are allowed to make a request for personal information on behalf of their children, although if the children are aged 12 or over then they must give their permission for this.

You can download the form from this page to request to see information held about you by the council.

Your responsibilities are:

  • You should write to the Council asking to see your records. You do not have to complete our form, but it is helpful to us if you would use the form as it directs us to the location of your data easily. You can also download a PDF version of the subject access form from this page and complete and return it by post
  • You need to establish your identity by providing suitable ID
  • You should help us to find the information by specifying what data you would like to see

Our responsibilities are:

  • To acknowledge your request
  • To inform you if we have any personal data about you and if we have
  • To reply within 40 days

Bradford Council does not currently charge any fee for Subject Access.

Underline image

Contact details

Information Governance Officer
City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
1st Floor
Britannia House
Hall Ings

Rate this page

The feedback you provide will help us continue to make improvements to our website.

Rate this page now

Council Switchboard : 01274 432111

Council Address : Britannia House, Hall Ings, Bradford BD1 1HX

© 2017 City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council