Children's Services - Learning Disabilities

Do you have a learning disability or care for someone who has?

If you would like extra support then contact the Learning Disabilities Community Team.

What support can the team give me?

We can arrange for a social worker or a community nurse to visit you to discuss with you what extra help you may need. This is called an assessment and it helps us to plan the extra support your family needs. We can provide an interpreter if needed.

What support is available?

  • advice on caring for someone at home 
  • health and behaviour advice 
  • day centres 
  • further education courses 
  • help to do voluntary work 
  • housing 
  • help getting a job 
  • respite 
  • extra support during family illness, or family crisis

For further information please visit the Local Offer website.

Bradford District's Local Offer website

This new website brings all the information on services for children and young people from birth to 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) into one place. It makes it easier to find what you’re looking for. Visit the Local Offer website here.