Paying for support

Unlike health care, social care is not free, so following on from your Care Needs Assessment, which works out what support you need and how much it will cost to provide, we will offer to complete a financial assessment to work out how much of that cost the Council can cover, and how much you’ll need to pay for yourself.

This takes into account the amount of income, savings or assets you have so you may have to contribute towards some or all of your social care and support. The Government have set guidelines on how much you can have in savings or assets before you will be asked to pay for your support.