Lunch time is an important part of a child’s school day, giving pupils a break with friends and the chance to re-charge their batteries ready for the afternoon’s activities.
We think that there are many good reasons why choosing a school meal is the best lunchtime option for children at the schools we cater for within the district:
Quality meal provision
- Our meals use fresh high quality ingredients.
- Our tasty school meals, provide lots of choice and great variety with menus operating on a 3 week cycle
- All meat and poultry used is fresh and locally sourced and our fresh vegetables and potatoes are locally sourced.
- We don’t use any preservatives, colouring or additives that are unsuitable for children.
- Our Halal meals, provided for Muslims, are 100% authentic with an approved and fully audited supply chain.
- There are no nuts or Genetically Modified (GM) foods on offer and salt, fat and sugar content is kept to a minimum across the whole menu.
- Non meat choices are available every day
- Special dietary needs can be catered for
- A school meal provides excellent value for money and allows you to budget and plan.
- They are a really cost effective way to ensure your child has a healthy balanced meal at lunchtimes.
- Primary schools pupils can choose from either two-course hot meals or sandwich-based options. These meals are provided free to all primary school pupils in reception class and Years 1 and 2 and cost only £1.60 for pupils in Years 3 to 6.
- Secondary schools students have a wide selection of individually priced meals and snack items to choose from. Set meals and meal deals are also available at a cost of either £2.20 or £2.30 (depending on which school they attend).
- What’s more, our complete menu range is available for children eligible for free school meals.
- By choosing school meals you can rest assured that your child has a tasty and nutritious meal everyday, packed full of the goodness that growing bodies need.
- Our menus meet the government’s nutritional standards for school meals.
- Children who eat a well balanced diet at lunchtime are more likely to have better concentration levels in the afternoon, improving their learning, behaviour and health.
- It saves you the time and effort of planning and preparing a varied and nutritious lunch for your child
- It’s one less job for busy parents to do
- No need to worry about the lunch box contents during the warm weather
- Provides the opportunity to further develop their social skills as they sit down with friends to enjoy their meals.
- School meals help encourage good eating habits from an early age.
- There are plenty of opportunities to try new foods, either on the standard menu or as part of our regular promotional theme menus.
- Our well trained catering teams are helpful, friendly and there to ensure your child is satisfied with their meal choice.
- The promotional events we regularly hold add even more fun and enjoyment to our customer’s lunchtime experience.