The Urban Design function is part of the Landscape, Design & Conservation Team. It seeks to promote the creation of successful, sustainable and people friendly places through the design of good quality buildings, streets and spaces.
- Providing design advice on major pre-application proposals, planning applications and planning appeals.
- Preparing design guides.
- Preparing and providing input into design policies in local plan documents.
- Promoting and undertaking Building for Life assessments of new housing schemes.
- Using creative design skills to influence the quality of new development.
- Carrying out design studies and appraisals.
- Working in collaboration with other council services and stakeholders on regeneration projects.