Libraries across Bradford are looking for volunteers to help with a variety of duties.
Anyone can volunteer. It can be very rewarding and is a great way to:
- meet new people
- gain new or use existing skills
- get experience
- make a big difference to your community
What do library volunteers do?
The basic duties are:
- helping with general library duties, such as opening and closing the facility
- shelf tidying, helping customers with PCs and searching for / seeking information
- answering enquiries using available resources
- issuing and returning items for customers, and reserving stock for customers
You do not have to have computer skills to be able to volunteer – volunteering can include, for example, tidying and sorting the stock, cleaning the building, or creating displays. At the same time, some volunteers are showing an interest in helping people with using computers, so it depends on what you feel comfortable with.
If you are interested in volunteering, please read our volunteering handbook (PDF, 353kb) or fill in our Expression of Interest form.