Assistance with travel to home, school and college

The School Travel Service assesses eligibility for assistance under the Home to School Travel and Transport Policy for Children of Compulsory School Age.

For those children and young people who qualify a suitable travel arrangement is made on public transport. Children who have special needs may be provided with more specialist arrangements.

The policy, which includes a review and appeals process, may be downloaded from the documents section on this page.

For more information please call the School Travel Team on 01274 439450.

Applying for travel assistance

If you are applying for travel assistance because your child has a disability, special need or mobility problem please apply using the application button on this page. The application process now uses a survey tool called SNAP. SNAP is a secure application and your submission is only read by assessment officers.

The Council promotes walking, travel training and bus travel as the first options for travel assistance. We will provide an escorted journey only where there is an established need.

If you are applying for travel assistance for a young person aged between 16 and 25 please visit

If you need help to complete this form please contact the School Travel Service on 01274 439450 or speak to the special educational needs coordinator (SENCO) at your school.

If you are applying for a bus pass for a child or young person up to and including Year 11. This should be made through West Yorkshire Combined Authority (Metro). Visit the WY Metro tickets and passes website for more information.

Underline image