Anti-social behaviour

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour is any aggressive, intimidating or destructive activity that damages or destroys another person's quality of life.

Anti-social behaviour can make an area frightening and unpleasant to live, work and relax in. This is not right, which is why the police, councils, West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and other public and voluntary organisations use their powers to get to the root of the problem and take action to stop it.

There are many different types of anti-social behaviour and in some cases, other local authorities are responsible for dealing with anti-social behaviour issues. Please have a look at our checklist so see which organisation would deal with your issue.

Police Responsibility Council Responsibility


Abandoned vehicles

Dealing/taking of drugs & drinking
alcohol in the street

Drinking alcohol on the street within designated PSPO areas

Gangs and youths drinking in parks

Dog fouling

Harassment or intimidation

Fly posting/graffiti

Hoax call to emergency services

Littering/fly tipping/waste on land

Misuse of fireworks

Lost or stray dogs/dead animals

Prostitution and indecent behaviour

Noise nuisance



Report anti-social behaviour

If you witness or experience anti-social behaviour, report it!

You can report dog fouling, fly tipping, noise nuisance and litter on 01274 434366.

You can report graffiti, abandoned vehicles and illegal parking on 01274 431000.

You can also report online using the links below.


For all anti-social behaviour affecting Incommunities properties/tenants call Customer Services on 01274 257777.

Or their Anti-Social Behaviour hotline which is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 01274 254404.

West Yorkshire Police

For rowdy, abusive and intimidating behaviour including:

  • Drug dealing
  • Vandalism
  • Drunken behaviour
  • Anti-social use of vehicles including motor and quad bikes

 Report anti-social behaviour to West Yorkshire Police now

  • For non urgent issues and to pass on information, call West Yorkshire Police on 101
  • In an emergency (if a crime is in progress or you think the offenders are near by), call 999.
  • To give information anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Bradford Council Online 

Dog fouling

 Report dog fouling

Find out more about dog fouling

Fly tipping

 Report fly tipping now

Noise nuisance

 Report noise nuisance now

Find out more about noise nuisance


 Report litter dropped in the street now

 Report litter dropped from a vehicle now

Find out more about litter


 Report graffiti now

Find out more about graffiti removal

Abandoned vehicles

 Report an abandoned vehicle now

Find out more about abandoned vehicles

Illegal parking

 Report illegal parking now

Find out more about parking

Underline image