Complaints and compliments about housing related support

Housing related support services help vulnerable people maintain or improve their ability to live independently. The support might include:

  • helping an older person to live in their own home 
  • helping someone coming out of homelessness to move towards having their own home 
  • helping someone fleeing domestic violence to resettle following a crisis situation.

Housing related support is funded and managed by the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council.

There is a contractual framework for housing related support, which aims to improve the quality of support services through regular monitoring and review. It also ensures that services are needs led, and targeted to client groups presently under-represented, or geographical areas where there are few or insufficient relevant services.

If you require housing advice, are homeless or threatened with homelessness, please contact the Housing Options Service or call the Advice Team on 01274 435999.

Complaints and compliments

The Commissioning Team welcome your comments, complaints and compliments. These are very important to us as your feedback helps us to improve the quality of our services.


If you receive housing support services funded by the Council (or you are a relative, guardian or representative of someone who does) and you are not satisfied with the service, first you need to talk to a member of staff involved in providing the service. They will try to sort out your complaint. Most complaints are resolved quickly at this stage.

If you're still not satisfied or the problem re-occurs – you can contact the Commissioning Team or the manager of the service to register your complaint. You can contact us at the address above, email or telephone 01274 434500.

Complaints procedure

Stage 1

We will look into the issues you have raised and send you an acknowledgement letter within 2 days of receiving your initial complaint or comment. If the problem is something that should be dealt with by your service provider's complaints procedure will contact you and discuss this.

Stage 2

We will investigate the issue and with your permission contact your service provider for more information. If you wish to have any assistance through an advocate or someone to speak on your behalf we can help arrange this. We will respond to your complaint within 20 days.

Stage 3

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of stage 2 then within 28 days you can request that we arrange for an independent review panel to look into the issue and our response to your complaint. You can also contact the Housing Ombudsman or Local Government Ombudsman.

Complaints about other services provided by Bradford Council

To make a complaint about another service provided by Bradford Council please visit the main comments, compliments and complaints section.

Underline image

Stay connected Image of an envelope

Sign up for emails about housing and homes

Contact details

Commissioning Team
Department of Adult & Community Services
5th Floor
Britannia House
Hall Ings

Phone : 01274 434500
Email :

Rate this page

The feedback you provide will help us continue to make improvements to our website.

Rate this page now