The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties, etc) Regulations 2006 (S.I. 2006/1059)
The Dogs on Leads by Direction (City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council) Order 2013
The City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council (in this order called the Authority) hereby makes the following Order:
- This Order comes into force on Monday 21st January 2013.
- This order applies to all the land in the authorities administrative area which is open to the air (which includes any land which is covered if it is open to the air on at least
one side) and to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access (with or without payment).
- A person in charge of a dog shall be guilty of an offence if, at any time, on any land to which this Order applies, he does not comply with a direction given him by an authorised officer of the Authority to put and keep the dog on a lead , unless -
- he has a reasonable excuse for doing so; or
- the owner, occupier or other person or authority having control of the land has consented (generally or specifically) to his failing to do so.
- For the purposes of this article -
- a person who habitually has a dog in his possession shall be taken to be in charge of the dog at any time unless at that time some other
person is in charge of the dog
- an authorised officer of the Authority may only give a direction under this Order to put and keep a dog on a lead if such restraint is reasonably necessary to prevent a nuisance or behaviour by the dog likely to cause annoyance or disturbance to any other person on any
land to which this order applies or the worrying or disturbance of any animal or bird.
- A person who is guilty of an offence under article 3 shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
- This Order applies to all the land which is in the administrative area of the Authority and;
- which is open to the air (which includes any land which is covered if it is open to the air on at least one side); and
- to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access (with or without payment)
Dated December 2012
The COMMON SEAL OF THE CITY of BRADFORD METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL was hereunto affixed in the presence of: