The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties, etc) Regulations 2006 (S.I. 2006/1059)
The Dogs Exclusion (City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council) Order 2013
The City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council (in this order called the Authority) hereby makes the following Order:
- This Order comes into force on Monday 21st January 2013.
- This order applies to the land specified in the Schedule.
- A person in charge of a dog shall be guilty of an offence if, at any time, he takes the dog onto, or permits the dog to enter or to remain on, any land to which this Order applies unless -
- he has a reasonable excuse for doing so; or
- the owner, occupier or other person or authority having control of the land has consented (generally or specifically) to his dog to do so.
- Nothing in this article applies to a person who -
- is registered as a blind person in a register compiled under section 29 of the National Assistance Act 1948; or
- is deaf, in respect of a dog trained by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (registered charity number 293358) and upon which he relies for assistance; or
- has a disability which affects his mobility, manual dexterity, physical co-ordination or ability to lift, carry or otherwise move everyday objects, in respect of a dog trained by a prescribed charity and upon which he relies for assistance.
- For the purposes of this article -
- A person who habitually has a dog in his possession shall be taken to be in charge of the dog at any time unless at that time some other person is in charge of the dog; and
- Each of the following is a “prescribed charity”–
- Dogs for the Disabled (registered charity number 700454);
- Support Dogs (registered charity number 1088281);
- Canine Partners for Independence (registered charity number 803680).
- A person who is guilty of an offence under article 3 shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
- This Order applies to all the land which is in the administrative area of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council and which is listed below and;
- which is open to the air (which includes any land which is covered if it is open to the air on at least one side); and
- to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access (with or without payment)
Dated December 2012
The COMMON SEAL OF THE CITY of BRADFORD METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL was hereunto affixed in the presence of: