The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties, etc) Regulations 2006 (S.I. 2006/1059)
The Dogs on Leads (City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council) Order 2011
The City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council hereby makes the following Order:
- This Order comes into force on Monday 6th February 2012.
- This Order applies to the land specified in the Schedule.
- A person in charge of a dog shall be guilty of an offence if, at any time on any land to which this Order applies he does not keep the dog on a lead, unless -
- he has a reasonable excuse for doing so; or
- the owner, occupier or other person or authority having control of the land has consented (generally or specifically) to his failing to do so.
- For the purposes of this article a person who habitually has a dog in his possession shall be taken to be in charge of the dog at any time unless at that time some other person is in charge of the dog.
- A person who is guilty of an offence under article 3 shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
[Specification/description of land, or lands, to which the Order applies]
- This Order applies to all the land which is in the administrative area of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council and which is described below and shown edged in red on the plan attached hereto and;
- which is open to the air (which includes any land which is covered if it is open to the air on at least one side); and
- to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access (with or without payment)
- All highways, footpath, footways and adjacent grass verges maintained at public expense
- Description of Land
- All the land within the City Park, Bradford, West Yorkshire, bounded by Princes Way, Bridge Street and Hall Ings as edged in red on the plan below save as indicated in (ii) below
- The Mirror Pool in the City Park and the Fountain in Norfolk Gardens, City Park, as edged in blue on the plan below, are excluded from this Order. The Mirror Pool and the Fountain are the subject of the Dogs Exclusion (City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council) Order 2011, excluding any dog from the Mirror Pool and the Fountain.
Dated 28th December 2011
The COMMON SEAL OF THE CITY of BRADFORD METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL was hereunto affixed in the presence of: