It makes good business sense to employ disabled people
Over 10 million people in Great Britain have a disability or long-term health condition and there are many benefits in having disabled employees in your workforce.
- They represent a significant pool of talent that you can tap into to get the best person for the job.
- Through or pre employment screening and work trial arrangements you can “Try before you buy”.
- Have a workforce that understands your disabled customers – they have an estimated spending power of £80 billion a year.
- Improve morale, performance and bottom line results.
- Ensure you are compliant with current legislation.
- Enhance your company's social responsibility.
Welcome to Work Choice at Work-Able
Work Choice is an employment programme that supports people with disabilities who are facing real barriers when it comes to finding and keeping work.
Work Choice is flexible and individually tailored to the needs of each individual to assist them to either return to work, find new work, or support them in their existing workplace.
Work Choice offers employers the opportunity to conduct pre-employment screening and work trial arrangements so you can “Try before you buy”.
Work Choice helps individuals to reach their full potential so as to move into independent, unsupported employment.
Work Choice helps people who wish to work at least 16 hours a week.
How Work Choice at Work-Able can help Employers
- We will agree a support plan for each individual
- We will stay in regular contact with you the employer
We can also:
- Help you to apply for government funding to make workplace adjustments if required.
- For some people, we can help with ‘on the job’ coaching to assist in the learning of work tasks.
- Offer disability awareness training to you and your staff in the workplace. If necessary, this can be tailored so as to give more understanding of an individuals specific needs.
- Help with planning travel to and from work (for people with learning disabilities)
- Continually update a development plan to help individuals achieve agreed career goals.
If you think that Workchoice could help you, please contact our Co-ordinator:
Fran Stott on: 01274 431858
Mobile: 07582 101858