Diversity and Cohesion takes responsibility for promoting race equality, diversity and community cohesion through education. This includes:
- provision of continuing professional development in citizenship and community cohesion, race equality and religious and cultural diversity for teachers
- curriculum support and development
- monitoring and reporting racial harassment
- support for supplementary schools
- the implementation of the Race Relations Amendment Act, The UK Equality Act 2010, The Schools White Paper 2010 and Ofsted Inspection Proposals for 2012
The Interfaith Education Centre is part of the Diversity and Cohesion Service and supports Religious Education and Collective Worship in schools.