Your Council Tax bill will show details such as your current method of payment, the amount of each instalment and the due date by which it must reach us.
More information about Council Tax can be be found in our online Council Tax explained leaflet.
Here is an explanation of your Council Tax bill:
- You can use this barcode if you want to pay your bill by PayPoint or at the Post Office.
- This is the financial year that your bill relates to.
- Your Council Tax Reference Number. To help us deal with any queries quickly, always quote this number when you contact us.
- Date the Council Tax bill was issued.
- The person(s) liable for payment of the bill and Contact Address – where the Council Tax bill will be issued to.
- This is the property that the Council Tax bill relates to.
- Band – This is the valuation band your property is in. The amount of Council Tax you pay is directly related to this.
- Charges for your bill – will be broken down between Council Tax, Police, Fire and any local precept.
- This is the period of liability this bill relates to. If Disability Banding Reduction has been awarded to your account, you will see your new band here. Any reductions that have been awarded to your account. For example – 25 % discount, Benefit, Long Term Empty, Disability Banding Reduction.
- This shows the balance payable for this bill.
- This is the current payment instruction of your bill. You need to pay the amounts and on the instalment dates shown here.