The following items must not be put in the non-recycling green refuse waste bin
Return these to a commercial supplier or to the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Bowling Back Lane or Royd Ings Keighley. Please note only these two sites are able to accept gas bottles.
Needles and syringes
Return these to the provider or one of the Household Waste Recycling Centres
These can be taken to any retail outlet that sells batteries or one of the Household Waste Recycling Centres
Electrical items (such as fridges, washing machines, hairdryers)
These can be recycled and can be taken to a Household Waste Recycling Centre. If you are unable to transport large electrical items you can book an electrical waste collection now.
Up to 4 tyres per household per year can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Bowling Back Lane or Royd Ings Keighley.
We can provide the following services to householder, local authorities, private companies and government departments for special/hazardous waste matters:
- Free inspection of hazardous/special wastes
- Packing chemicals into UN approved packaging
- Collection and disposal in specialised compartmentalised vehicle to separate incompatible chemicals
- Licensed waste chemical store
- Fully qualified ADR trained drivers
- DGSA consultancy service
- Legal paperwork completed on your behalf
- all relevant legislation followed - Special Waste Regulation, CDG (Road) Regulations etc.
- Technical advice available over the telephone during office hours
- North, West and South Yorkshire area covered
For further advice on chemical collections, please contact us.
We offer a safe solution to handling, transportation and disposal of infectious waste generated by the medical profession, clinics, nursing homes, dentists and vets.
For further information on clinical waste, please get in touch.