Am I entitled to benefit?

The Benefits Calculator is only intended as a guide to the potential Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reductions our customers may receive. It should not be treated as an official calculation, notification or guarantee of the award of any amount of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.

Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Benefits Calculator, neither Bradford M.D.C or the Benefits Service accepts any responsibility for the accuracy of the calculation(s) provided by the Benefits Calculator, or for any use to which they may be put.

Please complete the following questions and click the Calculate button at the bottom of the page.

Your Household

*By 'Couple' we mean anyone who you are married to, or in a civil partnership with, or live with as if you are married or civil partners.

Your Income

Net wage = Your Wage minus Tax, National Insurance and 50% of any private pension payment

Unearned Income (please enter the gross weekly amount you get)

Please note: If your Local Authority does not operate a local scheme to disregard War Widow's Pension or War Disablement Pension in full, then these incomes should be entered as 'Any Other Income' minus your Local Authority’s relevant disregard.



Attendance Allowance
Child Benefit (disregarded)
Childcare vouchers
Disability Living Allowance
Child Tax Credit
Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
Fostering Allowance
Guardian's Allowance
Incapacity Benefit
Industrial Disablement or Injuries Pension
Industrial Death Benefit
Jobseekers' Allowance (Contribution Based)
Universal Credit
Child Maintenance Received (disregarded)
Maternity Allowance
Money from lodgers
Money from sub-tenants
Private Pension / Works Pension
Retirement Pension
Severe Disablement Allowance
War Disablement Pension (disregarded)
War Widows Pension (disregarded)
Working Tax Credit
Savings Credit component of Pension Credit
Any other income


Do you or your partner have any savings?



Bank Account
Building Society Account
Investment or Income Bonds
Premium Bonds
National Savings certificate
Personal Equity Plan (PEPs)
Stocks and Shares
Any Other

Money You Pay Out

(please enter the amount you pay per week)

Parental contribution towards a child's student maintenance grant
Payments towards a private pension scheme which is not deducted from your wage
Payments to a registered childminder to look
after a child aged under 15 at 1st September

Your Weekly Rent

If you rent your property from a private landlord, enter the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rate for the number of bedrooms you need. For more information, visit the LHA calculator. If you do not rent from a private landlord enter your net rent per week? (Net of ineligible services)

If you rent from a social landlord and you have too many bedrooms your benefit may be reduced. For more information, visit the website.

Your Council Tax

Non Dependant Deductions

Please enter how many people live with you for each category

A couple only attract one non-dependant deduction. If you have 2 non-dependants who live together as a couple, enter only one non-dependant deduction, determined by adding together their total combined gross income , in the relevant category.