Advice, Benefits and Council Tax

Am I entitled to benefit?

The Benefits Calculator is only intended as a guide to the potential Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reductions our customers may receive.
It should not be treated as an official calculation, notification or guarantee of the award of any amount of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.

Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Benefits Calculator, neither Bradford M.D.C or the Benefits Service accepts any responsibility for the accuracy of the calculation(s) provided by the Benefits Calculator, or for any use to which they may be put.

Please complete the following questions and click the Calculate button at the bottom of the page.

Your Date of Birth (If you're a couple, please enter the eldest)
By 'Couple' we mean anyone who you are married to, or in a civil partnership with, or live with as if you are married or civil partners.
Are you a lone parent who was receiving Housing Benefit on 05/04/98?
Constant Attendance Allowance;
Disability Living Allowance;
The disabled element of Working Tax Credit;
Disabled Person's Tax Credit;
Incapacity Benefit (Higher Rate);
Invalid Carriage;
Invalidity Pension;
Mobility Allowance;
Registered disabled;
Registered blind;
Severe Disability Allowance;
Unable to work for 51 weeks due to ill health
Attendance Allowance;
Constant Attendance Allowance;
Severe Disablement Allowance;
Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance;
Registered disabled;
Receiving care component of Disability Living Allowance (higher and middle rates);

And have no one aged 18 and over (other than your partner) living with you

And you (or your partner) are not receiving Invalid Care Allowance / Carers Allowance
Are you or your partner receiving the Guarantee Credit component of Pension Credit?
If you have no dependant children, please select the option for whichever one of you works the longest hours.
(net wage = Your Wage minus Tax, National Insurance and 50% of any private pension payment)
Unearned Income (please enter the gross weekly amount you get)

Please note: If your Local Authority does not operate a local scheme to disregard War Widow's Pension or War Disablement Pension in full, then these incomes should be entered as 'Any Other Income' minus your Local Authority’s relevant disregard.
Attendance Allowance
Child Benefit (disregarded)
Childcare vouchers
Disability Living Allowance
Child Tax Credit
Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
Fostering Allowance
Guardian's Allowance
Incapacity Benefit
Industrial Disablement or Injuries Pension
Industrial Death Benefit
Jobseekers' Allowance (Contribution Based)
Local Exchange Trading Scheme
Child Maintenance Received (disregarded)
Maternity Allowance
Money from lodgers
Money from sub-tenants
New Deal grant
Private Pension / Works Pension
Retirement Pension
Severe Disablement Allowance
War Disablement Pension (disregarded)
War Widows Pension (disregarded)
Working Tax Credit
Savings Credit component of Pension Credit
Any other income
Do you or your partner have any savings?
Bank Account
Building Society Account
Investment or Income Bonds
Premium Bonds
National Savings certificate
Personal Equity Plan (PEPs)
Stocks and Shares
Any Other
Money You Pay Out (please enter the amount you pay per week)
Parental contribution towards a child's student maintenance grant
Payments towards a private pension scheme which is not deducted from your wage
Payments to a registered childminder to look
after a child aged under 15 at 1st September

If you rent your property from a private landlord, enter the Local Housing Allowance rate for the number of bedrooms you need. Click Here for further information. If you do not rent from a private landlord enter your net rent per week? (Net of ineligible services)

If you rent from a social landlord and you have too many bedrooms your benefit may be reduced. Click Here for further information.

Please enter your ANNUAL Council Tax charge
Does the above amount include any discounts?
Non Dependant Deductions
Do you have anyone else (other than your partner) living with you?
Please enter how many people live with you for each category
A couple only attract one non-dependant deduction. If you have 2 non-dependants who live together as a couple, enter only one non-dependant deduction, determined by adding together their total combined gross income, in the relevant category.
Aged under 18, whatever their income
Aged under 25 getting Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance (Income Based), Employment & Support Allowance (Income Related - Assessment Phase), OR in receipt of Pension Credit.
Aged 25 and over getting Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance (Income Based), OR in receipt of Employment & Support Allowance (Income Related)
In Full Time work earning over £420.00 per week (gross)
In Full Time work earning between £338.00 and £419.99 per week (gross)
In Full Time work earning between £253.00 and £337.99 per week (gross)
In Full Time work earning between £195.00 and £252.99 per week (gross)
In Full Time work earning between £133.00 and £194.99 per week (gross)
Not in Full Time work, OR in Full Time work earning less than £133.00 (gross)
Currently in Prison
On a Youth Training Scheme
Clear Form Button