What is Care Navigation?
Care Navigation can support adults in the Bradford district to find their own solutions to their care and support needs and help them to remain in control of their lives.
A Care Navigator can:
- meet with you face to face to offer information, advice, and short-term help to find services or activities in your local area to maintain your independence.
- help you to think about what you would like to change or improve in your life and then draw up a plan for you make the changes yourself or with help from others.
- connect you to activities, events and leisure opportunities in your area to reduce social isolation and improve your wellbeing.
Who is the service for?
- Care Navigation is an option for people who have low level support needs or for those who require additional advice or support from the Council following the assessment process.
- Care Navigation can support people, for example, who are being discharged home from hospital; people who contact Adult Services Access Point asking for advice or those who are currently receiving support from the Bradford Enablement Support Team or a Community Team.
Is there a charge?
There is no charge for a Care Navigator to visit you or help with your plan. However there may be a cost to any activity or service you decide to take part in.
How do I access the Care Navigation Service?
You can contact the Adult Services Access point.