Adult Services Access Point is the first contact point for all adult social care in the Bradford district and is for new and existing customers over 18 years old.
- Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm
In an emergency
Contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01274 431010
When can I contact the Emergency Team?
- Monday to Thursday: 5pm to 7.30am the following morning
- Fridays: 4.30pm to 7.30am Monday, with 24 hour cover at weekends and throughout Bank Holidays
The emergency team will respond to all calls as soon as possible. There may be times where the team may be dealing with several matters or completing an urgent assessment. You will be advised by the telephone staff will if this is the case and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Getting help from us
What sort of help could I get?
We can arrange help for you to get:
- home care (where someone comes to the house to help you)
- day care (care away from home during the day) in a day or resource centre
- advocacy (where someone needs an independent person to help represent their interests to get the services they need where they may not have family or friends that could help)
- regular visits by a nurse or social worker
- direct payments (to allow you to buy in your own help)
- support for carers (such as our sitting service)
- the care navigation service – (this service supports people who are having difficulties to find ways to remain in control. It is aimed at people whose needs have been assessed and do not qualify for any money from us)
- providing equipment or minor adaptations to the home
- towards help in getting a job or finding an education course
- a short break where you spend a brief time in a care home
- help to move to more suitable accommodation, possibly with support available on site
- longer term placement in a care home.
If you think any of the above services would be helpful please contact us