World Mile Traders Association
We want to work with all our members on the World Mile to ensure businesses have a say in the creation of a vibrant and sustainable retail and leisure industry.
We want to see thriving businesses enjoying increased local and tourist custom. We want to experience increased footfall and spending. We want to see an exciting, memorable and animated environment. We want to see colour, life, variety and prosperity.
How can you help?
To ensure the success of the World Mile, we need the support and ideas of as many business people on the mile as possible – and for you to join the World Mile Traders Association (WMTA). The bigger the membership, the louder our voice!
How the Association works
The WMTA aims to represent the interests of all businesses on the mile – but relies on as wide a membership as possible to make this a reality.
The work of the WMTA is structured around a management committee. At the moment, Committee members meet on a monthly basis to discuss, debate and form responses to the issues relating to the World Mile project. It is a democratic association with all positions on the management committee up for annual consideration and review. It is also a formally constituted organisation that will be able to apply for modest amounts of public funding to go about its business.
The WMTA will:
- encourage the development and sharing of best practice among trade and retail businesses
- promote the role of effective trade and retail associations, to government agencies and the wider public
- guide and signpost its members to a range of services and activities, to support and assist in the development and running of businesses
- actively seek to attract new businesses to the World Mile
- market the World Mile to national and international audiences
The World Mile is an exciting idea, which complements other developments in the city centre. It will provide Bradford with a unique offer, and increase the numbers of visitors and businesses from mainland Britain, Europe and further afield.
This is a hugely significant opportunity for all traders and independent businesses on the World Mile. I hope you will get on board by joining the Traders Association - and give your business a voice.