Renewing, borrowing and reserving items
How do I renew loans?
Log in to your account to renew your items now
Please note: If you have fines of £10.00 or more on your account, you will not be able to log onto your account. Please contact your local library
You can also call in to any library in the Bradford district, or use our telephone automated renewal system.
What if I do not know my PIN?
Please contact your local library for your PIN. If you have given us an email address to send you reminders etc, you can request a new pin.
How many items may I borrow?
You can borrow up to 25 items at any one time. Children can also borrow 25 items. In all libraries you will be given a single ‘credit card’ type ticket which you will need to present each time you borrow material. All libraries use the computerised library card.
What happens if I return the items late?
We will make a charge for a book, CD or DVD that is overdue. The details of the charges are in all libraries. Please return or renew books on time to avoid fines. There are no charges for children and teenagers under 16 and no charges for pensioners. We do charge under 16s and over 60s for late returns of media.
How long can I keep them?
All book loans are for three weeks, with renewal possible as long as no one else is waiting for the book. CDs and DVDs are available in larger libraries. These can be hired on a weekly basis.
What if I lose my ticket?
There is a charge to replace lost tickets:
- Children’s tickets: £1.00 (first lost ticket will be replaced free)
- Adult tickets: £2.00
- Adult tickets (concessions - Passport to Leisure and over 60’s) : £1.50
May I use other libraries?
You can visit any library in Bradford to borrow books and use their services. The ticket issued by your home library is valid in any of Bradford’s libraries.
How do I reserve an item?
- You must have a Bradford Libraries card to reserve an item.
- There is no charge for reserving an item that Bradford Libraries already has in stock.
- Customers can choose which library they would like to collect the item from when reserving the item. Please make sure you pick a library to collect the item from.
Reserve items now
Log in to your account to renew items now
Contact the Libraries Service