Learn My Way
IT courses for beginners
In the library you can learn at your own pace with staff help and support available when you need it.
What is Learn My Way?
Learn My Way courses are short (20-40minutes) courses which show you how to use the computer to make the most of the Internet.
I know nothing about computers - will the courses be too advanced for me?
No, our Learn My Way courses are for complete beginners. When you are confident with the basics you can move on to do more advanced courses if you wish.
How long is the course?
You should expect to come once a week for 5-6 weeks
How much does it cost?
All our computer courses are FREE of charge
Can I learn at my local library?
All our libraries run Learn My Way computer courses. Please ask at your local branch or check the Learn My Way course sessions. If there is a long waiting list or the course is on the wrong day for you staff can direct you to another library nearby.
What will I learn?
Start with the basics:
- How to use the mouse and keyboard
- Move on to sending an email
- Learn to use the Internet safety, then start using the Internet yourself
Once you are comfortable with the basics you can choose what to do next:
- Accessing public services such as the NHS, Government or local Council websites
- Job hunting and interviews
- Online shopping
- Family history
- Using digital TV, mobile phones, home computers
- EBay, blogs, music on line
Here's what some of our learners thought about the courses....
What do I do now?
Speak to the library staff and ask to book onto a computer course.
And most importantly, enjoy your learning!