Library Services for Schools
The School Library Service closed at the end of August 2012.
If you would like access to a full School Library Service, Bradford schools are able to use the services of neighbouring authorities.
Below is a list of neighbouring School Library Services that schools can contact for service advice.
- All school library services charge for their services. There are no overall set costs, each service will have their own pricing structure.
- Service delivery will also be different for each authority. Pricing for schools outside an authority is often higher than for authority schools.
- Services to schools outside their authority will depend on the capacity to deliver that service.
- Schools will have to contact their neighbouring authority to discuss what services they need and whether it is feasible for that service to deliver.
If you cannot get through to the named person direct please ask for the School Library Service manager.
Calderdale School Resources Service – Discovery
Kirklees School Library Service – Booksplus
Leeds School Library Service
North Yorkshire School Library Service
Bradford Libraries now offer a range of free services and advice to local schools
- Access to a wide range of books
- Story times and activities for pre-school children
- Talks to parents of children from 0 – 12
- Class visits to the local library on a regular basis
- Advice on Primary School Library Development
- Author events in local libraries
- Visits to schools to talk about reading and libraries
- Holiday reading events and activities
Original and replica artefacts support children’s research into the
past, enable children to handle, discuss and compare the past and
- Artefacts can also be used for art work.
- Obsolete items inspire the imagination for creative writing. What is this? What was it used for? Why is it not used now? Can a story be written around it?
Bradford Libraries can offer this unique experience to Bradford
Schools through a subscription to the Museum Artefact Service for
If you require any further information about the above services, please contact:
Principal Libraries Officer - Outreach and Development
Tel: 01274 433665
Please follow the links below to see the full range of services available and further contact details.