Online Directory of Housing Support Services
What is Supporting People?
The Supporting People Programme:
- Provides housing related support services to help vulnerable people maintain or improve their ability to live independently. The support might include:
- helping an older person live in their own home
- helping someone coming out of homelessness to move towards having their own home
- helping a woman fleeing domestic violence to resettle following a crisis situation.
- Is a national framework, which is administered locally by the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council on behalf of the Partnership board, who are known as the Commissioning Body, this is made up of representatives from the Local Authority – Adult Services, Primary Care Trusts and Probation Services.
- Provides a contractual framework for supported housing services, which will improve the quality of support services through regular monitoring and review. It will also ensure that services are needs led, and targeted to client groups presently underrepresented, or geographical areas where there are few or insufficient relevant services.
- If you require housing advice, are homeless or threatened with homelessness, please telephone the Advice Team on 0845 141 6666 or see the Housing Advice and Homelessness section of this website.