If you are concerned about the safety or welfare of a child in the Bradford District, these are the numbers that you can call for advice and to make a referral:
- During office hours call Children's Social Care Initial Contact Point - 01274 437500 - (8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 4.30pm on Friday)
- At all other times, Social Services Emergency Duty Team - 01274 431010
- If you have reason to believe that a child is at immediate risk of harm, contact the police on 999
In Bradford, safeguarding children is everybody's business. Safeguarding Children means protecting children from physical, emotional or sexual abuse or neglect. It also means improving their life chances by supporting children to grow up to be confident, healthy and happy adults.
If you are concerned that a child is being harmed you must not keep these concerns to yourself. Contact the numbers above to ensure that you speak to a suitable person who can listen to and record your concerns and then take the appropriate action.
Keeping children safe is everyone's responsibility.
The Bradford Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB)
The Bradford Safeguarding Children Board was established in March 2006.
Visit the Bradford Safeguarding Children Board website to find out more about:
- How agencies in Bradford are working together to help keep children and young people safe;
- Which agencies are involved;
- Advice on safe parenting.