Changes to Bradford District’s children’s centres
We are making changes to the way children’s centres will offer services in the future.
The changes are being made so we can continue to provide the services families need.
Services will be delivered differently. Children’s centre services will work across seven specific areas. Each area will:
- Have a team of experienced staff to provide services
- Take account of local community needs
- Ensure that parents have a stronger voice
What will it mean for the services you get?
The early years offer will be available to all families will. This offer includes:
- The Family Links antenatal programme: an 8 week course for pregnant women and their partners to prepare for the birth and parenthood
- Birth visit including breast feeding support within the first month
- A home safety visit at 3 – 4 months
- Weaning advice
- Early language development session (6 months of age)
- Developmental movement and play session
- Early language development session (18 months)
- A development review at two-and-a-half years
- Access to a free early education place in the term after their child’s third birthday
- Free Book Start packs
- Access to information through the Families Information Service
Further additional support will be available for families who qualify for it, such as two-year-old early education places.
Why are we doing it?
The changes will make the services we offer more efficient. They will also generate savings of £2.4m by 2015/16 which we need to make because of cuts in government funding.
We will work with neighbourhoods and health to pool our resources and experience and work in a more coordinated way. This will mean we can
- provide support to children and families who need it most
- meet the needs of our growing and changing population
- keep delivering the best services possible within the resources we have
- ensure services are delivered in the most appropriate places for families.
When will this happen?
The changes begin in 2015 and will come fully into effect across the district by October 2015.
For more information about Children's Centres and the activities they offer visit Bradford Families Information Service Website.
To contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org headed “Children’s Centres” in the subject line, or write to:
Early Childhood Services
3rd Floor, Future House
Bolling Road, Bradford BD4 7EB