Programme dates and locations
- 28 July to 2 December
- Exhibition Cartwright Hall, Bradford
- Sunday 2nd September, 2pm - 3pm
- Talk by Tim Smith about creating a
21st century artist’s response to Bruegel’s painting
Children’s Games as well as capturing highlights of
the outdoor programme of Games in the Park.
- Fri 7 September, 11am – 3pm
- HERITAGE OPEN DAY at Cartwright Hall Art Gallery Meet ‘Mr Lister’ benefactor of Cartwright Hall
and view Lister Park from the Cartwright Hall Balcony; take part in a silk painting workshop or curator tour of the exhibition Silk: Bradford and the Subcontinent.
Timed slots: 11am, 12 noon, 1.00pm, 2.00pm 3.00pm.
Curator Tour at 2.00pm. Booking essential 01274 431212
- Sun 23 September, 1.30 – 3.30pm
- SILK SALON LECTURE: Textile historian and writer Dr Brenda M King in conversation with Pakistani based artist Shehnaz Ismail whose work titled Reflections is displayed in Silk: Bradford and the Subcontinent.
Performances by poet John Siddique and vocalist Christella Litras.
- Sat 6 October, 1.30pm, 2.15pm, 3.00pm
- POETRY READINGS Conversations about Empires, Ilkley Literature Festival.
Free drop-in poetry readings by Daljit Nagra and Raman Mundair featuring new work inspired by the exhibition Silk: Bradford and the Subcontinent.
- Sun 21 October, 12 – 3pm
- GAMES and CHANTS - Family drop in sessions with James Nash.
- Sun 11 November, 1.30 – 3.30pm
- GAMES IN THE PARK SALON LECTURE:
Key speakers will talk about artists represented in the Games in the Park exhibition including Richard Eurich, Balraj, Khanna and Bruegel. There will also be poetry by Rommi Smith.
- Sun 18 November, 12 – 3pm
- FAMILY EVENT - Enjoy performance and poetry by poet Silverfinger who has taken inspiration from Games in The Park exhibition. Create colourful designs at the Silk Painting workshop.
Games in the Park, the outdoor events programme, is also taking place from July onwards, in:
Arts Engagement Officer