Turn over a new leaf – reading with your child is important for their future. It’s as easy as A, B, C!
By making reading a part of your everyday activities your child’s reading skills and vocabulary will improve, and the younger they start the better.
Here are a few tips to give you a few ideas:
- Make a fun and effective reading routine with your child.
- Spend 10 to 30 minutes a day reading together. There is plenty of material out there for all ages – from toddler books to football reports or song lyrics.
- Talk about the story, the words used and the characters involved and create your own stories together.
- Make up songs together – from rap to rhyme. Children can expand their knowledge of letters and words.
- Join a local library and buy books as presents, or snap up bargains from a charity shop.