Counting and number fun:
Let them count on you – counting with your child is important for their future. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Counting can easily become a part of your everyday activities and your child will be learning without even realising.
Here are a few tips on how it can be done:
- Every day help your child count. It can be as simple as apples in the fruit bowl, toy cars in a box, or plates for the table.
- Older children may enjoy calculating sports tables, how many weeks their favourite band has been in the pop charts, or working out their own pocket money or savings.
- Play counting games on the way to school – how many dogs do they see or how many blue cars?
- Games using numbers can be fun for all the family, including snakes and ladders, Monopoly or dominoes.
- Point out numbers in everyday life to young children, such as speed limit signs, clocks or on houses.