Council Tax - Disability Reduction
If you, or a member of your household, are disabled you may wish to apply for a reduction in your Council Tax.
- The application should be made by the person liable to pay Council Tax.
- The disabled person must be a permanent resident at the address.
- The disabled person must suffer from a physical disability, or a combined physical and mental disability
- This disability must be permanent
- The person need not be a registered disabled person, and does not have to be in receipt of any benefits or allowances.
This reduction is available for:
- an extra bathroom or kitchen
- a room which the disabled person particularly needs - for example for physiotherapy or to house necessary equipment
- space indoors for the disabled person to use their wheelchair
- an extra toilet
- a garage for the disabled person's transport
The feature can be an existing room.
How to Claim a Disability Reduction
- The quickest and easiest way to claim a Disability Reduction is to complete parts 1 and 2 of the form below.
- Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call us on: 01274 437715.