Skip navigation |
[Viewing Options]

Advice, Benefits and Council Tax

Change of circumstances - changes that might affect your Council Tax bill

If your circumstances change this may affect the amount of Council Tax you have to pay so please let us know immediately.

Change of address

Tell us if you already pay Council Tax within the Bradford district and you are moving within or out of the area.

Tell us about a change of addressTell us about a change of address

Change of name

Tell us if

  • the names on your Council Tax bill are wrong e.g. incorrectly spelt, or your first name is not shown
  • your name has changed, e.g. due to marriage

Tell us about a change of nameTell us about a change of name

I now have a partner

If your partner was liable for Council Tax at a previous property please provide us with the details so that we can finalise that account.

If they are now jointly liable for the Council Tax with you, again please provide the date that this is effective from and we will update your account.

If you previously had a Single Person Discount this will be cancelled from the date your partner joined you.

Cancel my Single Person DiscountCancel my Single Person Discount

Register for Council Tax

Register for Council TaxRegister for Council Tax

The bill is addressed to my ex-partner

Apply for a Single Person DiscountApply for a Single Person Discount

The Council Tax payer has died

Tell us that a council tax payer has diedTell us that a council tax payer has died

Get Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view some of the following documents. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, or you are using a previous version, you may download the latest version from the Adobe website free of charge.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Bradford Metropolitan District Council website. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy policy.