How do I apply?
Apply now for free school meals and school clothing allowance
Or download and fill in one of the forms below.
What is School Clothing Allowance?
School Clothing Allowance is a voucher worth £26 that can be spent on school clothing for your child.
School Clothing Allowance is available to children of parents/guardians who live in the Bradford area. Children must attend a tax-payer funded school full time.
Nursery children and sixth formers (years 12 and 13) are not entitled to School Clothing Allowance.
Also, the parent/guardian must get one of the following:
- Child Tax Credit, (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (for this, you will need to apply directly to the school, not to Bradford Council).
Where can I spend School Clothing Vouchers?
You can spend your vouchers in certain schools and shops.
Change in circumstances
Your entitlement may stop if your circumstances change, so you must tell us if you stop getting the above benefit.