Skip navigation |
[Viewing Options]

Advice, Benefits and Council Tax

Changes in your circumstances

It is your responsibility to tell us if any of your circumstances change.

You need to tell us about anything that could affect the amount of benefit that we pay you, this includes:

Your income

  • wages, benefits, pensions or other regular income for you and your partner
  • the income of anybody else who lives with you

Changes to your home

  • You move to another property
  • A partner moves in or out of your household
  • Anyone else joins your household or you have a new baby
  • Someone from your household goes into hospital or abroad either permanently or temporarily

Other changes

  • Your savings changes
  • Your rent increases or decreases
  • A member of your household becomes a student
  • Changes to money you pay out e.g. childcare

Not telling us about changes could result in you:

  • losing benefit
  • having to pay back an overpayment

Changes to your payments

If a change to your circumstances means that we should pay you more benefit, you need to tell us about the change within a month or we won’t be able to pay the increase from the date of the change.

If a change means you will receive less benefit we always go back to the date of change.

Providing proof of changes in circumstances

We will need to see the original documentation for proof of any changes in income, capital or rent. We realise that you may not have evidence of the change as soon as it happens but you should always tell us about it straight away and provide the evidence as soon as you can.

To report a change in your circumstances please email us at .

Or write to us at Benefits Service, Britannia House, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 1HX

Related Links:

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Bradford Metropolitan District Council website. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy policy.