Changes in your circumstances
It is your responsibility to tell us if any of your circumstances change.
You need to tell us about anything that could affect the amount of benefit that we pay you, this includes:
- wages, benefits, pensions or other regular income for you and your partner
- the income of anybody else who lives with you
Changes to your home
- You move to another property
- A partner moves in or out of your household
- Anyone else joins your household or you have a new baby
- Someone from your household goes into hospital or abroad either permanently or temporarily
- Your savings changes
- Your rent increases or decreases
- A member of your household becomes a student
- Changes to money you pay out e.g. childcare
Not telling us about changes could result in you:
- losing benefit
- having to pay back an overpayment
Changes to your payments
If a change to your circumstances means that we should pay you more benefit, you need to tell us about the change within a month or we won’t be able to pay the increase from the date of the change.
If a change means you will receive less benefit we always go back to the date of change.
Providing proof of changes in circumstances
We will need to see the original documentation for proof of any changes in income, capital or rent. We realise that you may not have evidence of the change as soon as it happens but you should always tell us about it straight away and provide the evidence as soon as you can.
To report a change in your circumstances please email us at email@example.com .
Or write to us at Benefits Service, Britannia House, Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 1HX