Thank you for all of your comments on the proposed Objectives. We are currently revising these and the revised document will be available shortly. Whilst the initial deadline for consultation has finished we are always happy to receive comments and suggestions on specific actions that the Council could undertake to achieve its Equality Objectives. Please use the link below to give us your suggestions.
What is this consultation about?
We are inviting residents, service users, partners and other stakeholders to have their say on our Equality Objectives. Under the Equality Act 2010, Councils are required to develop and publish Equality Objectives and set out how they will measure improvement to take their commitment forward over the next 3 to 4 years.
When can I send my feedback?
This consultation finished on 30 April 2012, however the Council will continue to consult directly with community groups and service users throughout 2012.
Where can I read the Draft Equality Objectives
The Draft Equality Objectives can be downloaded below.
Why are we consulting?
Bradford Council is committed to ensuring that the services we provide are appropriate, accessible and meet the needs of all are communities. The development of the draft Equality Objectives has taken into consideration the Community Strategy and feedback from a number of consultations including with people identified from the Equality Engagement Framework, Equality Impact Assessments, Easier Access Event, ongoing involvement through Bradford District Partnership and a range of evidence currently published on the Council’s website.
We would like you to tell us whether these draft objectives reflect your needs and concerns. In summary, the draft objectives aim to ensure that:
- We take into consideration evidence that has already been collated
- They reflect the strategic aims in the Corporate Plan 2009-2012 and Community Strategy 2011-2014.
- We embed a culture of Equality within our organisation
Who we want to hear from
This consultation is open to all residents of Bradford District. In particular the Council encourages feedback from community groups that represent people with protected characteristics.
How to have your say
To have your say you can:
- Complete the feedback form
- Email your views to email@example.com
- Call the Cohesion and Inclusion Team on 01274 434171 or text 07582 109021
- Post your written comments to the following address
Equalities Objectives Consultation
3rd Floor Merchants House
We will use your feedback on the draft Equality Objectives as a starting point for the development of a more detailed Equality Action Plan. The Plan will coordinate all actions across all relevant Council Departments that will advance equalities for all protected characteristics (Age, Disability, Gender reassignment, Marriage and Civil partnership, Pregnancy and maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex and Sexual orientation)
If you have any questions about this consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01274 434171 or text 07582 109021.
Our Equality Objectives aim to meet the three aims of the General Duty which are:
- Eliminating discrimination
- Advancing equality of opportunity
- Fostering good relations with all our communities and partners
And achieving the following outcomes:
- Narrowing inequality gaps
- Providing accessible information and services for all our communities
- Understanding and reflecting the needs of all our communities
- Working towards a workforce that broadly reflects the communities we serve
Our Equality Objectives support our priorities for improving our understanding of our communities and responding to inequalities across all our activities.